How to choose the proper makeup lighting
When you have an improper lighting at home, it is very easy to overdo the make-up, and all the flaws and mistakes will be visible in daylight, when you go outside.
That is why "the perfect make-up" for 90% depends on the correct lighting, and just then on the tools of cosmetics that you use, and make-up school, from which you graduated.
Without proper light, all this does not help you create the desired makeup.
There are only 3 things that define the high-quality lighting
1. Temperature of light - it affects the light output of makeup tones
99% of lighting in your home - chandeliers, lamps in the bathroom - it's a warm light.
Neutral / Daylight
Perfect conditions for a make-up - a neutral white light close to daylight. It is used in all professional beauty salons.
Light of blue sky - is not appropriate for the home because it is harmful to vision.
2. Types of light bulbs
- Strongly heat (the cosmetics quickly deteriorates from high temperature)
- Warm yellow light
- Distort the color and texture of the face
- The flicker frequency is more than 100 times per second - in the direct flow of light it can cause excessive fatigue, headache and a bad feeling
- Get hot
- They have sharp peaks in the primary colors of the spectrum - they distort colors and shades
- Imperceptible flickering - they are bad for the eyesight and nervous system
LED lamps (professional make-up artists work with them)
+ Do not get hot
+ They can be warm / daylight / cold light
+ The range is close to a neutral white light
+ Minimum ripple ratio - eyes do not overreach and do not get tired even after a few hours
3. Location of the light
- In the bathroom, chandelier or wall lamp
- It creates the harsh shadows - the make-up is unbalanced and not accurate, all the shortcomings you may notice only when you came out of the house
- The lamp from one side of the faces on the dressing table
- Inconvenient to adjust to the light of a lamp - you will not be able to evaluate all the makeup at the same time
Lighting of the faces from the both sides
+ Same lamps right and left
+ The light falls evenly on both sides on all areas of the face and allows you to create a symmetric make up
Conclusion: The perfect lighting, necessary for the high-quality make-up is a LED lamp, neutral daylight 5000K-6000K, falling symmetrically on both sides.
Check Lamps4makeup online store